Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Final Post (Week 10) Due April 26

As sad as it may seem to all of you, this is actually our last week of posts. For this week, take a moment to share your favorite quote about traveling with your fellow China Tour participants. In addition, explain why the quote is so meaningful for you. To get things started, here's one of mine: "Afoot and light-hearted I take to the open road/Healthy, free, the world before me/The long brown path before me leading me wherever I choose...Strong and content, I travel the open road." (From Walt Whitman--"Song of the Open Road")

10 comments:

  1. My favorite quote about traveling says “Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire” (qtd. By Creative Officer of Walt Disney Imagination Studios Jennifer Lee). I have always loved this quote because so often times, we are creatures of habit. We wake up, we go to class or work, we watch Netflix, we eat, go to bed, and get up and repeat that same process again. Does that process set your soul on fire? For some it may, but for me, accomplishing large goals and traveling sets my soul on fire. My family thinks I’m crazy for doing this, but I am going to China in May, to Costa Rica for a week of planting trees in June, and off to Newbold College for the F19 semester. I have never traveled so much in my life, and I could not be more excited about it!
    -- Ashley Blake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coby Federowski

      Passion definitely needs to be with you as you travel other wise you may experience incredible things but that mean nothing to you because your heart wasn't in it.

      Delete
    2. I can really relate with you! traveling really sets my soul on fire and it thrills me whenever i get exposed to a different culture and area. I do think that everyone needs to evaluate what they are passionate about and pursue that.

      -Rodny Aquino

      Delete
  2. Coby Federowski

    Eldorado
    BY EDGAR ALLAN POE
    Gaily bedight,
    A gallant knight,
    In sunshine and in shadow,
    Had journeyed long,
    Singing a song,
    In search of Eldorado.

    But he grew old—
    This knight so bold—
    And o’er his heart a shadow—
    Fell as he found
    No spot of ground
    That looked like Eldorado.

    And, as his strength
    Failed him at length,
    He met a pilgrim shadow—
    ‘Shadow,’ said he,
    ‘Where can it be—
    This land of Eldorado?’

    ‘Over the Mountains
    Of the Moon,
    Down the Valley of the Shadow,
    Ride, boldly ride,’
    The shade replied,—
    ‘If you seek for Eldorado!’

    My Dad used to say this poem while we were on road trips. To be honest, I'm not completely sure the entire meaning of it but it always reminds me of travel. It makes me want to "Ride, boldly ride".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I love family traditions, and your dad quoting this poem on your road trips sounds really neat! What I got from this poem is that we should not give up until we find what we're searching for. I am searching for new memories, sights, cultures, and food. Therefore, I am going to enjoy every second that I have in China, and I know that we will all find what we are seeking.
      -- Ashley Blake

      Delete
  3. "Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination". - Roy M. Goodman

    This quote is not particularly my favorite but i think that there is a lot of meaning that sometimes gets misunderstood or overlooked because of how simple it is. First i see this as a reminder to all of us that we, as we are going on this trip to experience a lot of foreign situations, that we need to go with a happy attidute and make this trip a great experience through our positivity. Second, as we continue in life, not matter the destination that we should all proceed with happines and make our life the happiest we can, not by looking for a happy destination, but by making any destination we are in a good one.

    - Rodny Aquino

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so important to always remind ourselves of this. I hope we all learn a lot from this trip and make many wonderful memories along the way.

      Delete
  4. When I was little, my family took a lot of road trips across the U.S. We would quote this Bible verse from Philippians 4:11 which says "I have learned in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." It is true on long, tiresome road trips and in everyday life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we often think of Philippians 4 and think of verse 13, this verse however is truly telling. We must remember to be content no matter where we are. - Cynthia Roman

      Delete
  5. I found this quote last year when I was studying abroad, "rester c'est exister, mais voyager c'est vivre" which translates to "to stay is to exist, but to travel is to live." I love this quote because sometimes it is very easy for us to just exist, but when we step out of our comfort zones, we truly get to experience living. - Cynthia Roman

    ReplyDelete